Sunday 24 November 2013

Winter is Coming..

For a lot of people, winter is an awesome season, but not for me. I'm not very Canadian when it comes to our winters, too damn cold for me, haha!

Since coming back from my vacation I've been trying to only use polishes I bought while I was away. That's quite a feat seeing as I bought at least 50 bottles of polish lmao! October was Breast Cancer Awareness month & I did a few manicures to support that.


This one was actually done on my Cinderella hand & I painted the ribbon free hand & with my left hand haha. Turned out pretty well, I think.


This was my second Breast Cancer Awareness mani. A little simpler than my first one, but I loved it nonetheless. :)

Before I can post the pic of my final BCA mani, I have a sad story to tell.

While preparing to do the above manicure, I hit my ring finger nail on my lamp & ended up breaking the nail straight across the free edge, almost all the way. I was able to salvage it using the tea bag technique but unfortunately it didn't hold. I felt that trying to keep it patched would be a lot of additional work. I use pure acetone when I do my nails, and that disintegrates the fix & I didn't want to have to fix my nail each time I took off the previous mani. That being said, I chopped off my claws! :(


The final BCA mani I did almost two weeks after the chop, so my nails are longer than they were in this pic.


This one was my favourite of the lot. Love the neon & holographic combo!!

So because I haven't posted in quite a while, I'm going to warn you that this might become a bit of a lengthy post. I realize that it's almost the end of November, but I've been seriously slacking in terms of blogging. I think it's got something to do with how much effort it takes for me to organize all my photos (I take a LOT, who doesn't? haha) & get them from the correct folders on my phone to my computer.

Another reason I've been slacking a bit is because I got a job at LUSH earlier this month & I've been doing a whole bunch of research on the company, the products & the ingredients we use. It's such an amazing company. My friend Christina surprised me with these notes on her door on the day I announced that I got the job. Love her!!


Needless to say, I was super sad about having to chop off my nails, so I totally had to find the perfect colour to compliment my new nubbins. After seeing this colour all over Instagram & after seeing a sale for OPI polishes at Ulta while on vacation, I had to get it.


This gorgeous colour is OPI... Eurso Euro by OPI (obviously lol). It's a gorgeous dark blue that made me feel much better about my wittle nubbins haha.

So this year was my first year ever doing Hallowe'en nail art & this is what I decided on.


How cute is my little spider?!?!?! I was really happy with how these turned out. The orange polish was pretty awesome for being a Dollarama polish haha. I did both the spider and the web with acrylic paint.

I think this is going to be the last picture I put in this blog post. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not at all a fan of winter nor the weather it brings. While everyone else is wearing all these fall/winter colours, I'm still rocking summer colours & neons. This mani is the perfect example.


This was my first time doing drip nail art. I think it turned out pretty decently. I used acrylic paint for the drips & I used a neon green for the tips. I also used striping tape for the tips, which is very unlike me. I don't like my French tips to be super straight like that, which is why I usually free hand them so they look more natural. It was late that night & I just couldn't be bothered to free hand it.

Welp, I think that's lengthy enough! Hope you enjoyed my nail art! :)

- Julez

No comments:

Post a Comment