Wednesday 11 September 2013

Mad Props Monday, My Manis & More!

Well, I'm still figuring out this whole blogging thing so bear with me :)
This post is probably going to be a lengthy one because I've got lots of stuff to put in it :)

I'll start off with MPM (Mad Props Monday). One of the ladies that I follow on Instagram, Amy @indie500nails, came up with this awesome idea. Basically on Mondays we all take pictures of our nails holding random props, tag Amy and #madpropsmonday & upload them to our Instagrams. I believe it's also a sort of monthly contest, which is awesome! I love seeing all the random props people come up with.

Here are a few of my mad props:




So those were from the first week (back when I was still MsMac613 lol) which is why they're not watermarked. Just because this is, like, one of my absolute favourite manicures, I'm going to upload my favourite picture of it <3


These nails are damn near perfect!!!

Here are some other MPM pictures :)
 





Ok, now that that's out of the way, here's the original pictures of the manicures I did, including ones that weren't taken for MPM:

3 coats of Pure Ice in Shell Pink with 2 coats of China Glaze Fairy Dust
2 coats of Pure Ice in Home Run with nail sprinkles
Simple French tips with a twist
2 coats of Sally Hansen Violet Voltage with 2 coats of Milani 3D Holographic in Hi-Res
With striping tape & hand drawn heart added
Striping tape fell off, added glitter (NOPI One Less Lonely Glitter)


That last manicure was my first time using striping tape. I didn't find it too difficult to deal with, but even with top coat on, the tape didn't last very long. So what do we do when the tips of our nails look like crap?? Add glitter, of course! Glitter makes everything better!! I got really annoyed with how crappy my nails looked even after the glitter, so I redid my nails but kept the accent nail. 

2 coats of China Glaze Texture in Unrefined

First time using a textured polish. I really like the look of it but I couldn't stand the gritty feeling. My nails kept scraping against each other & it gave me the weirdest feeling in my tummy (odd, I know). It felt like I was accidentally scraping my nails on a brick wall or 80 grit sandpaper, so I put top coat on instead of having to take it all off.

Unrefined with 2 coats of top coat
I know, it looks terrible haha!
So, I'm going to end this post here. I don't want to bore you all to death ^.^ Let me know what you thought of my props :)


1 comment:

  1. Every time I see that first photo (with the CFL bulb) I freak out for a second as I think I'm looking at someone with really horrible long nails, à la http://inspekt-security.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/long-nails-manassas.jpg. :)

    ReplyDelete